Natural shorelines provide multiple benefits to our inland lakes. Natural shoreline landscaping and
bioengineered erosion control techniques can restore those benefits by reducing runoff, deterring
geese, stabilizing soils and improving fish and wildlife habitat while maintaining aesthetically pleasing
access to your lake. Already have rock or sea wall? Learn how to enhance those structures for the
benefit of your lake.
Workshop topics include:
• Healthy lake ecosystems
• Designing natural landscapes on lake shorelines
• Problems with high impact landscape methods
• Use of native plants in shoreline landscapes
• Common inland lake Invasive species
• State of Michigan rules and regulations
Workshop hosted by Michigan State University Extension
& Berrien County Conservation District
in cooperation with the Michigan Natural Shoreline Partnership
Oops, you forgot something.
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.